Monday, January 09, 2006

Tired as Hell...

Let's me start with a cryptic phrase here and I won't elaborate about it. Anti-allergy drug made me sleepy and It's great during the weekend!!

Today I started my new career path as a marketing officer at a small hostel that is a member of worldwide hostel organization. I arrived 2 hours early, before anybody else in the marketing section arrived. My mom wanna see the new office so she drive me there and it's not too far from my sister's school too.

My first day was rather boring... Those that has works to do and off doing their own things and left me to my own device... A new guy with no idea how to be productive despite that the manager do have some idea of having me work international market (due to my good English ;P) as well as web marketing (with my daily net use)...

I guess I did not expected that my first day would be like this... Added to that is the fact that I still have my old job to do as well. Plus my college have to go home in the south for his New year's celebration. So this will left me with very minimal sleep (18:00-20:00 and 2:00-6:00)and not much to do...

The whole deal made me feel discouraging about the new job... The job wasn't really in my area of interest and I though I had dealt with that but it seems to not be the case when I sit around in the new place with nothing to do...

I guess the agenda of tomorrow is to be more assertive (as much as I could in my groggy state) and map out what I need to do in the new job as much and as soon as possible.

No comments: