Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Amazing Amazon

I hardly use Amazon.com ... I have never thought of it as a music search engine but lo and behold... I finally able to get the name of the singer and of the song of the obscure songs that I had on my cassette tape.

In my younger years (gosh I never thought I would ever utter these words) Long Long before mp3 player became a hit. I used to love listen to radio for my music fix which mostly are pop, adult contemporary and R&B. One day I came up with an idea that I should record the songs that I like so I can play it to record store to track down the album. That never happen after I realize that I could just listen to my recordings instead of buyin the real thing :PP

Thus, over the years I had filled up several 90 minutes recording cassette with various songs of various genre most of which I knwo the songs quite well but several are the songs that I have heard only once or twice ever...

Mica Paris - Whisper a Prayer & Jessica Rush - In The Arms of Love are the two that I was able to identified (first is from the DJ saying her name while the second one from a guy I played the song to and he just tell me right off the bat :))

And tonight I just made two more hits using Amazon.com Woo hoo!! The hits tonight are Laurnea - Infatuation and Mary Griffin - Just no other way. I only found Laurnea's album available to get... Mary Griffin seems to be another talented black female vocalist that for some unknow reason, never made it big...

From the sample available on Amazon.com it's clearly that she have the talent and the looks. Just one of the mystery of show biz I guess...

2 comments:

savante said...

Good gracious :O Who are those singers!

paul

Petie said...

I have no ideas :) But if you want the songs I would be happy to upload them to you ;)

Laurnea's album still not finish downloaded. But I have Mica Paris and Jessica Rush :)