Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day One: Continue -: Covent Garden, Oxford Street and Regent Street

While I was on my way to the B&B, I called Grace to catch up and inadvertently made a plan to meet her in about an hour :p

Needless to say, I was running a bit late by the time I finally found the B&B. I hurriedly put away my luggage, shower, change clothes and hurried out the door. I think I arrived at the rendezvous point, near Holborn subway station, at about 11:20am London time. We met at a coffee shop called 'Eat' where I made my first purchase in London, a bottle of frizzle lemonade :d

Then they walked me around quite a bit. First to Covent Garden, then Oxford Street and Regent Street.










We also stop by Fortnam & Mason, a fancy small department store. With stunning window display and decor (At least in the candy & sweet section).



Then we also stop at a big toy department store. Grace and her hubby suggested it because of the top floor. Of which they sold merchandise from fantasy movies, like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Narnia.









It was a pretty long walk, and I started to get lightheaded from lack of sleep while in the plane. So around 15:00 I excused myself and go back to the B&B.

Once I got back I spend a bit of time on the B&B's computer, Mac in this case, and go take a nap so I can go out in the evening.

The night out was not quite fruitful for me... I eventually come back home around 22:00 and finally collapse on the bed. The sleep came easy due to the exhaustion and chilliness of the weather.

No comments: