Thursday, July 10, 2008

Anxious Feeling Toward the Trip

As the departure day approached, I started to feel quite anxious about the trip.

First off, the currency exchange rate make me feel infuriated. The Baht is getting weaker by days and closing in on 68 Baht per pound... Make me badly regret that I did n't exchange my money back in April when it still around 63 Baht. I blame the government on this...

I guess what I am most anxious about is the uncertainty. Since I will be travelling on my own for the first time ever. No family, no tour guide, and no definite plans. I know somebody are into that style of travelling but I think I am not one of those people :p

I Need to start packing this weekend... Hopefully that will workout Ok. Upon checking the weather forecast I think I should pack my umbrella as well...

2 comments:

tornwordo said...

It's an adventure! Don't be scared, you'll do just fine. I totally understand about the exchange rate though. Same thing happened for us and Europe.

Petie said...

Thank you for your encouraging words :)

As the day getting closer and closer (This Friday!! Ugghhh!!) I cannot help but feels all sort of feelings.

I still have to remind myself to buy folded umbrella...

Luckily there is an *unofficial* money exchange spot, which has better rates than Banks. Not sure how they do it though but the rate is much better!